Monday, November 18, 2013

Why I’m here…



On October 19, 1992 I was blessed to become a mother for the first time. At 11:23 pm, after an extremely long and hard labor, I finally got to meet my son Nicholas. At ten pounds, seven ounces, and twenty-two and a half inches long, he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.  His dark hair and blue eyes, I was in love. I had never felt anything like it before, it was the most powerful thing I had ever experienced. My whole life changed, and there was nothing I loved more than being his mom. 

 Little did I know that 27 short months later all that would come crumbling down around me.  What a parent thinks could never happen, happened.  It happened to my baby boy.  He was brutally beaten by my ex-husband's girlfriend Deborah Soule and died on January 14, 1995.  Fast forward 20 years later and the 21 years to life sentence Deborah Soule (her maiden name is Deborah Barbas) received doesn't seem very long at all.  Her parole hearing is tentatively scheduled for September 2015, less than a year away. She is looking at possibly being paroled in January 2016.  I will fight her release with everything I have, and I want the world to know what she did to my son, what a monster she truly is.


No comments:

Post a Comment